Because sometimes you need a good deal to make up for the brunches and dinners you splurged on during the week:
- DC Harvest: a new spot on H street NE, serving locally sourced American food, has already gotten some positive feedback. From 11pm-1am on Fridays and Saturdays, draft beers and glasses of wine are $5, Natty Bohs go for $3, and specialty cocktails are reduced to $6. Bar snacks are also discounted and include $3 lamb sausage sliders and $4 cheese plates.\
- Duke’s Grocery: this London-style pub has a rotating menu of late-night supper items from 10:00pm-1:00am on Thursdays through Saturday nights. Select wines, craft beers, all rail cocktails are $5.
- Eat the Rich: starting at 11pm-close, oysters go for a $1. ETR is located right next door to Southern Efficiency and Mockingbird Hill. With all three serving good food and drinks, this late night happy hour is a great excuse to do a Shaw Crawl and hit all three sports (Mockingbird Hill focuses on ham and sherry, and Southern Efficiency serves a simple menu with southern influence)
- Granville Moore’s: just started a special that includes $12 mussels and drink specials starting at 10 p.m. on Sundays through Thursdays, and starting at 11:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Maple: one of my favorite spots in Columbia Heights, this adorable little Italian-influenced restaurant just expanded and launched a late night specials menu at the bar area. From 10pm-close on Tuesdays through Thursdays, and from 11pm-close on Fridays through Saturdays, house wine and peroni drafts are $4, and “house-made cellos,” fig-infused grappa, or any amari go for $5.
- Old Ebbitt Grill and Clyde’s: From 11pm-1am, all raw bar items are 50% off. This includes their orca platter! (Side note: my relationship goal is to find someone who will split a platter with me one of these days…)
- Surfside: from Wednesday through Saturday, 9pm – 11pm, food orders are half off with the purchase of a drink from the bar.
- Teddy and the Bully Bar: From 10pm-midnight on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and from 11pm-1am on Fridays and Saturdays, glasses of wine and select cocktails are $8. There are also food specials (I would recommend the pork belly beignets because animal fat and doughnuts are the hottest celebrity couple).